ELK CITY -- A nail salon in Elk City? When nail technician, Camille Elswick, moved to Elk City nearly three years ago her husband and son scoffed at the idea of anyone in Elk City getting a manicure or pedicure. Elswick proved them wrong, amassing 20 regular customers including four men.
A new fire/EMS chief has been hired for the Kamiah area. The following is information from a release provided today (Friday, Oct. 16) from the City of Kamiah:
ELK CITY — Nearly a month into the investigation, the Idaho County Sheriff’s Office is releasing preliminary information into a homicide investigation in Elk City.
KAMIAH — People in the Kamiah area know Pam and Mike Hipes for the annual pumpkin carving event they have hosted at Riverside Park in Kamiah for the past 14 years. Pam estimates they have grown and transported 300-plus pumpkins each year. This year, with Covid health concerns, the couple sca…
ELK CITY -- Nearly a month into the investigation, the Idaho County Sheriff’s Office is releasing preliminary information into a homicide investigation in Elk City.
KAMIAH — In just about every small town across America there is one person whom absolutely everybody knows. In Kamiah, that person is Marjorie “Marty” Wilkins, who has been the lead clerk at the post office longer than many people can remember. It has, in fact, been just two months shy of 30 years.
More involvement in the process to better address issues of public concern is shared by both candidates in the race for District 2 Idaho County Commissioner.
KAMIAH — Although second grade teacher Carrie Bain has a new contract at Kamiah Elementary School, she is no stranger to KES or to Kamiah.
- In other council business:
- Economics thrive at Elk City Small Business park
- Arsenault hired as Kamiah area’s new fire/EMS chief; reports to work Nov. 2
- Investigation into Pleasant Acres Dr. vehicle accident ongoing
- Interviews ongoing, awaiting lab tests from autopsy; homicide investigation under way in Elk City
- Public asked to keep eye out for two Orofino men still missing
- ‘It’s really been a kick, but it’s a lot of work’; Popular pumpkin carving event marks its final year
- Glenwood-Caribel: Checkering is not a game