KAMIAH — A sign behind the counter at the new Pete’s Prep and Trading Post reads “parati ad omni,” Latin for “prepared for anything.” Peter DuPre and his wife, Karen, opened the store on Dec. 11 after working to get ready since late summer.
KAMIAH — The 2020 Kamiah Merchants Christmas Lighting Contest, open to all businesses within city limits, is on. Judging will be today, Dec. 3, and cash prizes are available for first through fifth places. The Kamiah Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring this event. Upload photos to business Fac…
Bidding closes Friday, Dec. 4, for this year’s Teen Center Festival of the Trees, which began Nov. 20. This year’s popular fund-raiser moved from an indoor event to a window-shopping event on the sidewalks of Kamiah with online bidding. Local artists with business sponsors decorated trees, w…
ELK CITY -- A nail salon in Elk City? When nail technician, Camille Elswick, moved to Elk City nearly three years ago her husband and son scoffed at the idea of anyone in Elk City getting a manicure or pedicure. Elswick proved them wrong, amassing 20 regular customers including four men.
When Billy and Bonie Monahan, the new owners of Bear Hollow bed and breakfast along the Middle Fork Clearwater River had 330 grapevines to plant, they reached out to their neighbors for help. Roughly 15 people showed up to plant each day of a weekend in June. Upriver neighbor Sunnie Renshaw …
- Kubs Spirit On Parade
- Commissioners OK contract for noxious weed control projects
- Feature a Teacher: Kim Simmons; ‘How important to learn the basics here’
- McIntires inducted into Idaho 4-H Hall of Fame; Woodland ranchers have long history in county 4-H, fair
- Kooskia City Council: Survey work part of wastewater project
- Costume contest, trick-or-treating on tap for Oct. 29
- Cancelled: UYLC Fall Festival set for Oct. 29
- Garden Clippings: Preparing the backyard garden for winter